Staying Healthy During the Holidays
The holidays can be especially difficult to stay on track and keep healthy habits so I thought I would share my top 5 tips for navigating the holidays and staying healthy on the new, amazing FitFluential EATS portion of FitFluential's YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel to get all the great videos that are being posted! Also, a very special thank you to wonderful Jill Hanner.
1. Be consistent: Aim for consistency not perfection - one day of indulgence or one "slip" isn't going to derail your efforts.
2. Pick your poison: Pick what you dishes you really really want to indulge in and do so. Take of taste of the others that you can have more often or that aren't something you can live without.
3. Prepare and make time: Bring your own dish and contribute to the meal so you know there is at least ONE thing you can eat. Make yourself a priority and take time to relax.
4. Avoid the overhaul: The holidays aren't an ideal time to start a brand new regimen or challenge. Instead, focus on maintaining and building healthy habits through small changes and consistency.
5. Remove the guilt: Thoughts can be toxic too and you will save yourself a lot of headache and heartache if you try to keep a positive mindset. It's the holidays - a few days of indulgence a couple of times a year will NOT derail you (unless you're training for something that literally requires you to monitor everything that passes your lips). Live life and celebrate it.
That's it! As I mentioned in the video, I'm going to be taking each topic and doing a more in-depth post about it in the 5 weeks between now and Christmas so be on the lookout!
Disclaimer: I’m not a doctor, nutritionist, trainer, or medical professional of any kind. I’m just offering up my thoughts based on my own experiences, research, article reading, etc.