Grain-Free Protein Crepes
They're super pliable unlike many other gluten-free tortilla alternatives and only take a few minutes to whip up. I'm completely in love with these crepes - they can be sweet or savory which means you can have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if you so chose (trust me, you do). My breakfast crepe includes farmers market strawberries, blackberries, some greek yogurt, and protein peanut butter drizzle (1/2 scoop of protein powder + pb + enough almond milk to make it drippy).
Still not sold? Then check out these stats: 1 serving (2 big crepes): 189 calories, 9g fat, 13g total carbs (5g net carbs), 8 g of fiber (!), 14g of protein. Trust me, these little crepes will keep you full for hours. Sold yet? Thought so.
Grain-free Protein Crepes
Yields: 4 very large crepes; 2 servings
Adapted from: Carrots n' Cakes Paleo Pancakes
These crepes can be sweet or savory! For sweet crepes, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract. For savory crepes, add whatever herbs and spices you'd like!
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
3 egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Get a large non-stick skillet hot over medium high heat. You can coat with cooking spray if your pan needs it - mine is fine without.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you can combine in a large bowl and use your immersion blender to blend ingredients.
3. Pour batter into hot skillet and swirl around to create a large, thin circle.
4. Let cook until bubbles in the batter begin to pop, gently easing up the sides every few moments, about 3 minutes or less. The crepes are pretty delicate at this point but you will get the hang of it!
5. Flip crepes (they should be slightly golden) and cook on other side until firm when touched, another 2 minutes or so.
6. Fill and enjoy!